Elkton & Bel Air Assault Defense Lawyers
When you’ve been accused in criminal or civil court of committing an assault, you want an experienced and effective lawyer on your side. The Maryland assault defense lawyers built at Downs, Beste & Blackson, LLC have over 25 years of experience in Maryland representing people accused of assault, and we can put that experience to work in your defense.
Focused on resolving your criminal and legal matter in the most positive way possible, we work hard to ensure that we address every option and alternative when building strategies for your defense.
Your Elkton Maryland Assault Lawyer
When you’ve been accused of assaulting another person either in criminal or civil court, it is crucial that you seek strong and effective legal representation. Our Bel Air Maryland assault defense lawyers have over 25 years of criminal defense experience. They have represented clients facing assault charges for:
- Reckless Endangerment including discharging a firearm from a vehicle
- Felony Assault including attempting to, or actually causing, serious injury to another, This can include use of objects such as firearms.
- Assault With a Weapon including objects, firearms, martial arts weapons, etc.
- Sexual Assault including rape, date rape, groping and offensive touching.
- Domestic Assault committed against a spouse, significant other, roommate, etc.
- Self Defense if the defense was overkill and you ended up injuring the other person.
- Battery including committing, attempting or placing one in apprehension of battery.
- Assault & Battery including on a police officer.
Even if you aren’t charged with assault by the police, we frequently see cases where even the aggressor files criminal charges or a civil case against an assault victim as a proactive defense for his or her own actions. Our Elkton criminal law office focuses on the facts of the case, examines police reports, interviews witnesses and works with our network of experts to build a strategic and effective defense.
Whether your legal troubles come as a result of an altercation that unexpectedly escalated or as a result of a domestic violence incident, we can represent you in court as well as in protective order hearings. You will work with your assault lawyer every step of the way in creating an effective defense.
Take Advantage of Our Free Initial Consultation
Contact our Bel Air, Maryland criminal defense attorneys to build a strong and effective defense against assault charges. We focus on client satisfaction, and will work to resolve your case in the best way possible.